This year’s list of finalists for the Techblazer Awards 2023, the fifth edition of the premier awards, contains an exciting list of organisations that have showcased state-of-the-art products and services.
Regarded by industry experts as the nation’s highest accolade for tech innovation, the Techblazer Awards is jointly presented by the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) and SGTech since 2018.
The awards are intended to shine a spotlight on Singapore-based organisations that have exemplified the spirit of innovation in their use and development of tech products and services.
It offers entries under prominent categories, including the Most Promising Innovation to recognise solutions that create an outstanding impact on the way businesses operate and Best Adoption to recognise public and social sector organisations, non-governmental organisations that have co-developed solutions jointly with technology companies to digitally transform their businesses.
The Student Techblazer category recognises innovative ideas with commercialisation potential developed by students from Singapore schools and Post-Secondary Education Institutions. It aims to recognise solutions that use emerging technologies to fulfil a marketplace need or have the potential to carve out new markets.
For 2023, the awards come with a special 4th category – Carbon Zero – to award companies using innovation to reduce carbon emissions.
The final winners will be announced at a gala event at Raffles City Convention Centre on 23rd August 2023 with Minister for Communications and Information, Josephine Teo as the Guest of Honour. More than 1,000 guests are expected at the awards.
Here’s a list of the innovative solutions that have been shortlisted under different categories for this year’s awards:
Most Promising Innovation
- Scan & Plan Robotics by Augmentus combines computer vision and AI to enable intelligent and adaptive robotics. Its patented technology eliminates the need for technical expertise and coding, thus dramatically reducing production downtime from weeks to minutes.
- Alchemy Fibre by Alchemy Foodtech is designed to lower the sugar, carbohydrate, and glycemic index of foods. The patented fibre blends are plant-based and can be incorporated into different foods.
- Accredify, a solution by Accredify is a verification technology solution that leverages blockchain to enable organisations to create and issue verifiable digital documents instantly that can be traced back to the source and verified with a QR code
- SIMPPLE, submitted by IFSC offers a solution suite comprising SIMPPLE Software, SIMPPLE PLUS, and SIMPPLE AI. The SIMPPLE Ecosystem is built like an operating system that integrates robotics, IoT devices, facility assets, software systems and human workforce on a single unified platform that enables autonomous operations and maintenance.
- Tictag, by Tagteam Technologies, is a mobile app with great accuracy rates for AI models. Leveraging the Truetag system, Tictag drives data, AI, and machine learning investments towards models achieving up to 99.97 percent accuracy.
- disguise xR submitted by Disguise System Singapore combines the physical and the virtual by delivering photorealistic, three-dimensional, real-time graphics into an LED production environment, immersing performers and audiences alike in another world.
- AEM Electrolyzer Technology submitted by SunGreenH2 combines durability, energy efficiency, and affordability - attributes rarely achieved simultaneously in current electrolyser technologies.
- Thomson Tool, a solution from Scantist, is a software composition analysis tool designed to help organisations manage security and legal-compliance risks of open source libraries in source code and binary projects.
- Electrochemical Sensor Technology submitted a patented electrochemical technology from Aprisium that offers a cost-effective and innovative solution for detecting contaminants in water, semi-solids and solids at low concentrations.
- Sustainable and Clean Battery Recycling Using the Electrochemical Method by NEU Battery Materials is a patented recycling process that uses an electrochemical process to extract precious materials from batteries.
- NextBlock Mobile App from Neighbourhood functions as a hyperlocal digital platform connecting verified neighbours based on their locations for information sharing and communication. It serves as a genuine social network for the vicinity, ensuring all connections are real and verified.
Best Adoption (Public)
- GovCash - Face Verification Technology, APIs and ATM submitted by Central Provident Fund (CPF) Board is a solution to replace cheques for Singaporeans who are unable to use direct bank crediting to receive Government payments.
- Parking@HDB, from the Housing and Development Board (HDB), is a new-generation parking system which enables motorists to enjoy a hassle-free parking experience.
- Real-Time Locating System (RTLS) submitted by Tan Tock Seng Hospital is a tech designed for a demanding healthcare environment to accurately monitor and track the locations of patients, visitors, staff and assets, as well as their interactions.
Best Adoption (Enterprise)
- SIMPPLE, submitted by ISS Facility Services Private Limited, is a robust platform that can integrate AI, robotic solutions, IoT sensors and software to improve quality, facility assets, workflow, people and incident management.
- CDL Homes Sales (CHS) submitted by City Developments Limited streamlines the balloting and buying process for homebuyers and property agencies through digital features like mobility and onsite and remote digital signatures.
- CRE CAL Real-Time Nudge Suite submitted by DBS Bank is an AI-powered suite for employees to send just-in-time and personalised nudges to customers.
Best Adoption (NGO)
- My Guardian Angel (MGA), developed by ST. John’s Home For Elderly Persons is a smart integrated resident monitoring system designed to care for the health and well-being of seniors living in residential care homes.
- IM-OK from Lions Befrienders Service Association, Singapore, uses technology to help seniors self-monitor and self-report their well-being. It also incorporates other senior-useful functions such as video calls, radio, videos, cognitive games and personalised messages.
- Viriya IntelliBot, submitted by Viriya Community Services, digitises the case management process. Speech-to-Text audio transcripts are piped into an artificial intelligence machine with a text mining function to generate topics/sentiment analysis.
Best Adoption (SME)
- Virtual Mentor, submitted by Lithan Academy, is an AI-based application to support blended learning delivery to learners.
- Vehicle-Mounted Ground Penetrating Radar Array with Accurate Positioning System from HSC Pipeline Engineering is a tool designed for non-destructive subsurface utility mapping.
- EPOS Marketing AI submitted by Aroma Food Enterprise is a complete CRM that operates over WhatsApp as a Chatbot, seamlessly integrated with digital ordering, resulting in a hassle-free experience for both service staff and consumers.
- Flint Paper Battery offers a sustainable, cost-effective, and safer alternative to conventional lithium batteries. Made from natural and non-toxic materials, it enables compostable end-of-life disposal, reduced production costs, and advanced safety features.
- Greenairy, submitted by the Singapore University of Technology and Design, is a filter-less, modular, smart plant tower that can supercharge plants to purify air up to 100X faster.
- Smart Mobility Aid is said to integrate various mobility aid capabilities into a single design. It can be used as a walker for users to walk, a motorised wheelchair for users to sit, electric PMD for users to stand when moving around.
- Geolytics.AI, built by Terrahackers, is a solution that can enable resilient communities through state-of-the-art AI-enabled services for disaster detection, damage assessment, disaster simulations and relief workflows.
- Fire prevention system using IoT developed by SHMID.CO is a low-cost and functional monitoring device that allows users to monitor and remotely turn off charging batteries or other electrical devices due to overheating.
- Trident is a two-pronged approach to the detection of renal diseases. It uses a lateral flow assay to detect parameters such as pH, albumin, ketone, blood, bile etc. The results of these indicators can predict the users' susceptibility to renal diseases.
- Linear Guide Rail by UrbanInnovators is a plant inspection tool designed to enhance indoor farmer productivity by automating the daily inspection routines to accelerate farming activities and customising monitoring settings as needed.
- CapitaLand Net Zero Carbon Emission Office, developed by CapitaLand Group, leverages data analytics to create a dashboard that tracks, records, monitors and reports its energy consumption and sustainability performance.
- Power Cube and Energy Cloud, developed by VFlowtech, is a modular, cluster-based design that provides an efficient energy storage solution at all operating conditions. Scalable for larger applications and boasting a lifespan of over 30 years, it boasts consistent power delivery.
- OptETruck, submitted by PSA Corporation, is a cloud-based transport management solution which uses artificial intelligence (AI) to facilitate smarter trip planning and eliminate operational inefficiencies for the haulier community in Singapore.
This year’s Techblazer Awards gala promises to be an exciting event that will showcase a slew of world-class technology innovations and products. More information can be found on the website.